Vijay Rupani made the announcement at a press conference
This new EV policy aims to draw in more EV buyers and looks to make Gujrat a green hub.
Gujarat has become the latest state to announce a new electric vehicle (EV) policy to drive adoption of the eco-friendly vehicles. The announcement will further make owning an EV attractive for residents of the state, as the new benefits will be in addition to the revision in the FAME II policy announced earlier this month.
- The Gujarat government will provide incentive of up to Rs 10,000 per kWh for EVs
- The govt. will offer further subsidies on all FAME II-eligible vehicles
- Commercial public EV charging stations will be eligible for 25 percent capital subsidy
As per the new EV policy, the Gujarat government will provide incentive of up to Rs 10,000 per kWh for electric vehicles. The maximum ex-factory price to avail incentive for electric two-wheelers will be up to Rs 1.5 lakh, up to Rs 5 lakh for electric three-wheelers and Rs 15 lakh for electric four-wheelers (personal and commercial), respectively.
Under the scheme, the government is targeting a total of 2,00,000 EVs which include 1,10,000 e-two-wheelers; 70,000 e-three-wheelers and 20,000 e-four-wheelers.
The government says all FAME II-eligible vehicles will be eligible for availing the benefits with a subsidy cap of 40 percent on the retail price of the vehicle. This means a maximum cap of Rs 1.50 lakh for electric four-wheelers, Rs 50,000 for L5 electric three-wheelers and Rs 20,000 for electric two-wheelers. The incentive will be over and above the FAME II subsidy, which will make the cost of an electric two-wheeler (up to 2kW) cheaper by almost Rs 50,000.
The subsidy will be provided under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode from the State Transport Department after verifying the document for the purchase of the vehicle.
Benefits for public EV charging stations
Furthermore, the government has also announced that commercial public EV charging stations for two-, three- and four-wheelers will be eligible for 25 percent capital subsidy on equipment/machinery (limited up to Rs 10 lakh per station) for the first 250 commercial public EV charging stations. All housing and commercial establishments will be needed to provide ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) to its members who wish to install charging stations with designated parking spaces. Gujarat government will also forego electricity duty on EV charging stations during the policy period.
- Everyone gets equal opportunity to invest in the state of Gujarat.
- Let’s start a new policy today
- Electric vehicles are used by more people
- The announcement was made to reduce petrol-diesel consumption
- Electric vehicles reduce pollution.
- The purpose of becoming an electric vehicle for the people is important.
- The government emphasizes two-wheelers, three-wheelers and four-wheelers
- This policy will prevent 6 lakh carbon emissions
- 20 thousand for two wheeler, 50 thousand for three wheeler and one and a half lakh for four wheeler.
- A charging station will be set up to charge the vehicle
- The government will also subsidize charging stations
- For this, different hotels are considering charging options
- Charging stations will be set up at 500 places
- The government currently wants to start with 1.25 lakh two-wheelers, 75,000 rickshaws and 25,000 cars.
- The subsidy will be subsidized per kilowatt
- Currently 250 charging stations have been sanctioned and 250 will be provided going forward
- Battery swapping stations will be promoted
- The state government has made the announcement more generously than other states.
- Gujarat will be the first state to providesubsidy
- Along with Maruti, three Japanese companies will also start production
- Some cool things about ACKO
- ✓ We are proud to have 4.5 Crore Indians as customers
- ✓ 95% of our customers have rated our service with 5 Stars on Facebook/Google reviews
- ✓ We were ranked World’s 8th best InsurTech firm
ગુજરાતી ન્યુઝ રીપોર્ટ અહિંથી વાંચો
The nostalgic smell of paper, because we have paperless everything.
• The pleasure of connecting with strangers and talking for hours about where your claim is stuck, because all our processes are automated. 🙂
What you get with the ACKO app
Insurance for your ride: Two-wheeler or Car
• Health insurance
• Commission-free plans at incredibly low premiums
Paperless insurance experience
• Exclusive discounts on insurance
• Easy claims management: Tap-Upload-Done
8 CommentsAdd a Comment
Very soon this web site will be famous amid all blogging and site-building users, due to it’s fastidious articles
Saved as a favorite, I love your web site!
Hi, its pleasant article about media print, we all be familiar
with media is a impressive source of data.
Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this,
like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you
could do with some pics to drive the message home a
little bit, but other than that, this is fantastic blog.
A fantastic read. I’ll certainly be back.
Excellent write-up. I certainly love this website. Keep writing!
Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It actually was once a enjoyment account it.
Look complex to far added agreeable from you! By the
way, how could we keep in touch?
Hi i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anywhere, when i read this post i thought i could also make comment
due to this brilliant paragraph.
Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too fantastic.
I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the
way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible.
I can not wait to read far more from you. This is really a wonderful web site.